We reopen summer 2015 for our fourth summer, from 07/05 to 07/12, welcoming campers from across the US. Arrival day is Sunday July 5. Departure day is Sunday July 12. For campers travelling independently we can pick up at Provincetown Ferry, Bus Station and Airport.
Our location in Provincetown is unique. It is a place renowned for its welcoming environment as a small LGBT summer resort, with some of the country's best beaches, an unique place in American history and as an artists' colony with a rich art scene, and a mix of modern life and old world charm.
This year we will stay at the Truro Hostel, which we have booked for our exclusive use. The hostel is about 5 miles outside of Provincetown, where most of our activities take place.
The camp offers 5 elements which take place at local venues and outdoors. Our camp makes full use of all that Provincetown has to offer and for the week of Camp we make the town our own. Exact programming is to be confirmed but includes:
- Summer Camp Fun: bonfires, games, art & crafts, cookouts, movie night
- Art Lab: outdoor sketching, journal writing, sand sculpting, drag workshop
- Ptown Campus: dune tour, whale watching, gallery visits, beach cleaning
- Wellness: biking, kayaking, yoga, beach volleyball, tennis
- Self Discovery: self esteem, gender identity, LGBT history, guest speakers
Last year's schedule looked something like this. This year's schedule is being finalized.
- Sunday: Arrival Day; Check In; Cookout.
- Monday: Workshops; Amazing Race; Broadway Concert.
- Tuesday: Beach Wipe Out; Whale Watch; Sunset Dune Tour.
- Wednesday: Workshops; Storytelling; Spirituality
- Thursday: Murder Mystery Beach; Camp Lightbulb Music Video
- Friday: Thrift Store Challenge, Art Night
- Saturday: Drag Workshop, Show N Tell Talent Show
- Sunday: Farewell Potluck; Check Out; Departure Day :-(
“.. has shared so much with all of us about camp and his excitement and enthusiasm about all he experienced is truly heartwarming. He has told us several times that last week was the best week of his life!! We cannot thank you and your team enough for what you accomplished. From the bottom of our hearts, thank you!!”