Arrival day is Sunday July 5. Departure day is Sunday July 12. For campers travelling independently we can pick up at Provincetown Ferry, Bus Station and Airport.
This year we will stay at the Truro Hostel, which we have booked for our exclusive use. The hostel is about 5 miles outside of Provincetown, where most of our activities take place. It is a quarter mile from gorgeous Ballston Beach. Truro Hostel provides all bedding and linens. Rooms consist of bunk beds. Bunk assignments are done at random.
Breakfast: continental breakfast at the hostel
Lunch: selection of sandwiches with fruit or vegetable platter
Dinner: we provide dinner at the hostel and at different restaurants
- Sun: Cookout at the Hostel
- Mon: Mac N Cheese and Salad at Surf Club Restaurant
- Tue: Burritos at Daddy's Burritos
- Wed: Chicken or Vegetable Stir Fry at Surf Club Restaurant
- Thu: Hot Dogs and Fried Vegetables at Canteen
- Fri: Pizza at Spiritus Pizza
- Sat: Cookout at the Hostel
Most of our activities take place in Provincetown, where we have booked a clubhouse for the week at the Center for Coastal Studies.
Provincetown is an unique place. Renowned for its welcoming environment as a small LGBTQ summer resort, with some of the country's best beaches, an unique place in American history and as an artists' colony with a rich art scene, and a mix of modern life and old world charm.
The camp offers 5 elements which take place at local venues and outdoors. Our camp makes full use of all that Provincetown has to offer and for the week of Camp we make the town our own. Exact programming is to be confirmed but includes:
- Summer Camp Fun: bonfires, games, art & crafts, cook outs,
- Art Lab: art project with Gilbert Baker outdoor sketching, journal writing, sand sculpting, drag workshop
- Ptown Campus: amazing race, dune tour, whale watching, gallery visit
- Outdoors: beach wipe out, kayaking and yoga
- Self Discovery: self esteem, gender identity, LGBTQ history, guest speakers
This summer's schedule is being finalized and is subject to change. Highlights include:
- Sun: Cookout, Beach Bonfire
- Mon: Beach Wipeout, Whale Watch, Sunset Dune Tour
- Electives include Music Video, Fashion Shoot, Ukulele Class, Cupcake War
- Special Guest is Gilbert Baker, designer of the Rainbow Flag
- Sessions with local LGBTQ Elders and Faith Leaders
- Performances of Carrie - The Musical and Well-Strung
- Fri: Show N Tell Talent Show
- Sat: Community Banquet, Beach Bonfire, Disco Dance Off
- Sun: Closing Ceremony