Summer Camp New York City 2018
Puck Markham, Founding Director 310.294.4606
Itinerary - Subject to Change
Sunday 07/29 Arrival. Check In. Orientation. Opening. Gay History Tour.
Monday 07/30 Arts & Crafts. Amnesty International (Leadership, Campaign Building), Central Park
Tuesday 07/31 Arts & Crafts. Trevor Project (Power of Storytelling), Bryant Park
Wednesday 08/01 Travel to DC. GLSEN National Office (Building Safe Spaces), Drag Event
Thursday 08/02 Victory Fund (Electing Queer Candidates, Running for Office). Return to NYC.
Friday 08/03 Arts & Crafts. Jacob Riis Gay Beach. Photo Shoot. Game Night.
Saturday 08/04 Check out. Departure.
Breakfast is continental style with cereals and fruit. Lunch will consist of a paper bag lunch prepared by campers. It will consist of home-made sandwiches, fruit, vegetables, and snacks. Dinner is prepared at hostel or at restaurants in town. Dinner is subject to change.
Note: All medication must be in original containers
- 3-5 pairs of shorts for everyday wear and recreational activities (quick drying or synthetic material)
- 5 summer shirts; make sure at least two are t-shirt style, synthetic/cotton blend is recommended
- 1 light weight long sleeve shirt, good for sun and/or bug protection, (i.e. an old button down dress shirt)
- 1 light weight jacket or sweat shirt
- 1 pair of long pants, athletic style, jeans or casual
- 7 pairs of socks/underwear + a few extra back-ups
- 1 pair closed-toed shoes, sneakers
- 1 sleeping outfit
- 1 rain jacket
- 1 bathing suit/swim trunks
- 2 towels for beach/shower
- 1 pair sports sandals that have a heal strap or water shoes
- 1 pair of goggles
- Small day pack, i.e. school book bag
- 1 water bottle
- 1 hat/cap for sun protection
- 1 pair of sunglasses
- 1 rain jacket
- $50-$100 cash or debit card for pocket money
- Body/face soap
- Toothpaste & toothbrush
- Sunscreen & bug spray
- Small hand mirror
- If you wear glasses or contacts, bring a spare pair
Camp Director: Puck Markham
Counselors: Sara Janakas, Jesse Geguzis, McKenna Palmer